Friday, October 27, 2006

Terrible Day

This morning I was walking around feeling sorry for myself. I was mad because my husband and I had gone to a "mixer' for work last night and we had to leave early. I missed out on winning a door prize that was a trip somewhere.

This morning I was convinced that my life was pretty crappy. I didn't win the prize, I had to wear the same outfit that I have worn over and over, I have a crack in my windshield that I can't afford to get fixed.

This morning I was jealous of my boss and a coworker because they just came back from a trip and each got a gaming system that I want. The one coworker won a tv.

This morning I found out that another coworker I work with just called in and told us his son just died. He was only 8. It was something related to pneumonia and it was fairly sudden. We knew he was ill but thought he was getting better.

This morning I realized I am self-centered and selfish.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for about a week or so....as one who has stood on the brink between reality and darkness, I am inspired by the honesty that you have expressing your struggles and your revelations.......Thank-you

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far in life, I've met very few people who are not self-centered and selfish, but I've met a lot who pretend not to be.

I like your blog, I'll be back.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I like your blog style.

Sometimes other people's realities remind us we actually aren't that bad off.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home